Job Title: Sales Consultant
The Sales Consultant must have a working knowledge of the retirement industry, defined contribution plans, defined benefit plans, individual retail products/services and investment options. This role utilizes a consultative sales approach to provide financial advisors and plan sponsor clients with the insight, guidance, documentation, and education necessary to move plan assets between plan recordkeeping and custody platforms. This position requires an individual that has a sales focus with excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), strong work ethic, superior organizational skills, and a competitive drive to succeed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute on retirement plan participant Rollover and Contract Exchanges
- Conduct timely inbound and outbound call activity daily with advisors, TPAs and existing plan participants to strengthen relationships, identify opportunities for pipeline and effective consultative sales closing. This includes campaigns, new business not in good order items, and other lead sources as directed
- Partner with IPX sales team, financial advisors, investment providers, and TPA firms to develop additional plan participant prospects and execute an appropriate business plan to maximize plan rollover to the IPX recordkeeping platform
- Facilitate participant rollovers and contract exchanges by calling legacy investment provider firm(s) to request paperwork and by assisting participants with completing paperwork
- Manage prospects’ paperwork processing in an efficient manner to expedite processing and reduce rollover cycle times
- Collaborate with internal partners in Operations while looking for opportunities for process improvements and streamlined internal processes and workflows.
- Participate in team meetings and training programs
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong teamwork orientation, attention to detail and time management
- Background in customer service and call center environment a plus
- Action oriented – dynamic self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit and drive
- Attention to detail and organization to effectively build and manage pipelines
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to get along with diverse personalities
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3 – 5 years of sales and/or service experience in Retirement or Financial Services industry
- Demonstrated knowledge of defined contribution plans, defined benefit plans and individual retirement products/services and industry-related concepts
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to:
No phone calls please.